Subject: Re: 060 speeds
From: [email-masked]
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 1995 19:57:44 -0500

On Wed, 13 Dec 1995, [email-masked] (John Ferrel) wrote:
>>  Motorola FPU experts I've talked with indicate that if code is 040-optimized
>>then it is also 060-optimized. The 060 has the same strengths and weaknesses
>>as the 040 FPU.
>>
>C'mon, use your head, guys!  Why the hell would they build an '060 if it
>wouldn't do more MIPS & MFLOPS?  Don't get me started....

We shouldn't, because your post is so ignorant:

1) To reduce chip count.

2) He didn't say it was the same speed: he said it was optimized.

	Go to the clue store.

>John Ferrel         [email-masked]

******************************************************************************
** [email-masked]                     |  Synergy Graphix & Animation   **
** Welcome to Seattle!  Have a latte'!     | Technical Subjects a Specialty!**
** Don't make me force it down your throat.|     "OK!  Wind the frog!"      **